Start a new topic
Answered

Can I connect my live block to my seaboard block?

I just got the Live block and am trying to figure out how to connect it to my seaboard but there doesn't seem to be any info on how to do this other than via the DNA connectors. It says on the box of the live block you need a lightpad block to make the Live block work but elsewhere on the Roli website it says you can connect it to the seaboard. There seems to be a lot of different contrasting information and it's confused me a lot.    

Best Answer

Hi there, 

The easiest and quickest way of connecting the Live Block is via the Seaboard Block's DNA connectors. 

If you're using NOISE on iOS, all of the functions will work automatically. Check out this article for a description of some of the key ones. 

if you're on a desktop computer, each button on a Live Block connected via DNA can be used to control ROLI Studio Player. Specifically, the following (using the Mode button to change the behaviour):

Volume

Scale

Preset selection

Preset favouriting

Arpeggiator enabling/disabling

Smart Chord enabling/disabling

I hope this helps! 

Hi, 

Would it be possible to more explicitly outline how I can use my live block (connected to Seaboard block) to change presets in Equator. Am having a tough time trying to figure it out. 

Many thanks!

Answer

Hi there, 

The easiest and quickest way of connecting the Live Block is via the Seaboard Block's DNA connectors. 

If you're using NOISE on iOS, all of the functions will work automatically. Check out this article for a description of some of the key ones. 

if you're on a desktop computer, each button on a Live Block connected via DNA can be used to control ROLI Studio Player. Specifically, the following (using the Mode button to change the behaviour):

Volume

Scale

Preset selection

Preset favouriting

Arpeggiator enabling/disabling

Smart Chord enabling/disabling

I hope this helps! 

Login to post a comment