Start a new topic

iOS block Dashboard

Hi, I have finished the development of an iOS block Dashboard. The application is now available on the AppStore at an introductory price of 2.79$ (Regular price 5.49$) until July the 9th.

2 people have this question

EnriquePage91... for the love all you hold holy, upgrade to iOS 13 (latest). I’ve run it on iPhone X (each version) and have had no problems. While not relevant to Lumi /Roli, the slide keypad and keypad as a track pass is worth the upgrade all by itself.
James Magold, it’s funny that you mention that because I did a while ago and had tons of issues thanks to iOS 13.3. Ape Matrix ran like ****, so I had to ditch it for AUM which at least holds up better. Same with audiobus. Luckily for me I am familiar with the three, but ApeMatrix was my favorite and it really bothered me as my performance dropped significantly after the update. Now AUM has multi routing which is literally enough for me to prefer it over ApeMatrix regardless of the beauty of its interface and UX design, but I am sure they will catch up and when that happens I will once again wish I had never updated. But I did update just for this app and Cubasis, and although I regret updating, I can’t say I regret getting this app. Cubasis 3... well, it still needs some work to be worth it.
Christopher, I just downloaded your app and was excited to use it with Noise. I have a Seabord Block and an iPhone XS running the newest IOS. Would you please help with compatibility? The buttons on the app are highly finicky (a lot are not functional), and the app finds my controller via bluetooth but does not change the sound. Noise does not work once I switch over to the app so realtime mods would not work either. Thank you for your attention.
Hey Jeremy I’m not 100% sure at all, but as far as I know this is just a “dashboard” for iOS, you’re not gonna be able to change the sounds in there and then go back to NOISE as NOISE has its own internal dashboard (which isn’t great anyway). I never use the NOISE app, I use the AUV3. If you are using the AUV3, the settings you’ve applied on the dashboard WILL remain. It is only once you go back into the regular NOISE app that your layout will get reset. Imo, NOISE is far better as AUV3, even though it lacks a ton of functionality. The alternative is being isolated inside of noise which is imo just not good enough for actual music production. I’d suggest considering also getting Mozaic and using scripts to fine tune your MPE stuff inside other daws or hosts such a as AUM, AudioBus, ApeMatrix, cubasis, Audio evolution mobile... etc.

Hey Jeremy and Enrique...

I’m personally not holding out hope for any more meaningful changes to Noise - they’ve moved onto heir desktop software, Roli connect, and Lumi development  I think. I’ve been asking Roli for simple changes like transposing for the seaboard block, some kind of audio I/O, and the ability to ‘hold’ effect settings in place... not to mention some new instruments after more than a year of no updates to the soundpack store. 

But given that... I agree with Enrique... I use AUV3 mostly for transpositions and routing ... and it works with the 3rd party dashboard app.  But that also means that you can’t use SWAM soundpacks because they only work in Noise.  I do really appreciate that Roli made the AUV3 implementation because I do use that all the time. And I play roli gear every day.  Shame about the swam sounds. 

When I do use NOISE now it’s really only to play swam instrument packs for fun...and if i need to record the sound i go analog and just do an audio out from my ipad into my laptop. No midi data, no editing, but some of the SWAM sounds are still worth it given how good they are. 

I would love to see Roli update Noise finally. I find it very frustrating that it’s a MOBILE first platform that increasingly works mostly on laptops. I take roli gear everywhere and play when i have time, and setting up my laptop to play means i play 1/3 as much as i would if it worked better on mobile at this point. 

1 person likes this

Can this app change modes on the seaboard block like the ROLI dashboard?

Hi Christophe,

would it be possible to extend your software to

a) inlude the Live and Loop Blocks (at last switch on / off Midi CC mode)

b) Safe Littlefoot programs (made / stored on PC) to the Lightpad?

That would be too helpful! (as we won't get a Roli Dashboard, will we?)

Login to post a comment