Start a new topic
Answered

Sustain Pedal Recommendations

I just bought a Rise 49 and attempted to use my Yamaha FC3 as a sustain pedal however when released the notes are sustained and when pressed down the notes don't sustain at all.  I attempted to reverse the polarisation however It doesn't seem to change anything.  I've heard the Roland DP10 works well as a sustain.  Any advice?

Best Answer

Hi Sam, 

Sustain pedals can vary in a few respects, one of which is whether they are switch-type ("momentary") or continuous. The switch-type pedals are either "on" or "off," while continuous pedals (also called "half-damper" pedals) can vary continuous between fully off and fully on. It sounds like the FC3 pedal might be continuous which is why it only works with Yamaha digital pianos, keyboards and synthesisers.

All switch-type pedals should be able to be used with the Seaboard RISE. We confirm that the Roland DP-10 works well!

You may find this article useful: Equator: Using Pedals with the Seaboard RISE/GRAND

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Sam, 

Sustain pedals can vary in a few respects, one of which is whether they are switch-type ("momentary") or continuous. The switch-type pedals are either "on" or "off," while continuous pedals (also called "half-damper" pedals) can vary continuous between fully off and fully on. It sounds like the FC3 pedal might be continuous which is why it only works with Yamaha digital pianos, keyboards and synthesisers.

All switch-type pedals should be able to be used with the Seaboard RISE. We confirm that the Roland DP-10 works well!

You may find this article useful: Equator: Using Pedals with the Seaboard RISE/GRAND

Login to post a comment