Start a new topic
Answered

connecting lightning ipad to seaboard block

i have last years ipad pro with the lightning connection. i have my seaboard block with the usb c connection. bluetooth doesn't always work for me. do i just need any lightning to usb c cable to connect them? do i have to tell garage band and noise, or is this plug and play?  the seaboard block manual says "To use your Seaboard Block to control ROLI’s NOISE for iPhone/iPad, you may connect wirelessly via Bluetooth (see section 2.6 below) or use the USB-C port with an Apple Camera Connection Kit."

do i need this  Apple Camera Connection Kit at $40 or just the cable at $8.

thank you for your help

Best Answer

Hi Derald, it is Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter that you'll need for this. 

Did you ever find an acceptable solution? If so, please share so that I don't waste my time/money.

I'm very disappointed that the Seaboard Rise 49 bluetooth connection with my iPad Pro 9.7 is so unstable that it cannot be used. And it seems that the physical connection to the iPad is so clunky that it may not work either.

Do you need a powered USB hub connector in addition to the Apple camera connection kit? Where does the power come from if one wants to be totally portable?

I hope you solved your issues 

it says you need a power hub for the seaboard rise, do you need it for the seaboard block ? it says that Noise will not work with the camera adapter, is that true, will that change ?

thank you very much

Answer

Hi Derald, it is Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter that you'll need for this. 

Login to post a comment