Start a new topic
Answered

Disabling bluetooth

I am a windows user, so i cannot usethe bluetooth features.
Sometimes, when i power on the seaboard, the ledlight starts blinking, showing it is in bluetooth pairing mode. When it is doing this, my laptop doesn't detect the seaboard via the usb cable at all, rendering the keyboard useless. I imagine this happens when somebody else with an ios device is trying to connect, or maybe i inadvertedly powered it up in bluetooth mode myself.

This pretty much makes the seaboard unuseable for live performances, i've had it once, luckily it wasn't an unreplaceable part of the show.

Does anyone know a solution?

Is there a button combination to restart the device in non-bluetooth pairing mode, or cancel an attempted pairing?

Best Answer

You can switch Bluetooth broadcasting on and off on the Seaboard RISE by pressing both preset buttons simultaneously. If you simply connect by USB then it will also stop broadcasting.

Hope that helps,

Marcus | Creator Support Agent

2 people have this question

Exactly. If Windows users cannot use Bluetooth it would be nice if we could change some setting that would keep ROLI HW's bluetooth always disabled.   Because USB connection will work anyway.

Then later if a user starts using ROLI HW with some Apple device, bluetooth could be enabled.

Answer

You can switch Bluetooth broadcasting on and off on the Seaboard RISE by pressing both preset buttons simultaneously. If you simply connect by USB then it will also stop broadcasting.

Hope that helps,

Marcus | Creator Support Agent

but I own a SEABOARD RISE, and I have the same problem, what do I do?

ERROR.png
(43.5 KB)

i'd like to clarify, in the end it turned out my Roli Rise's usb port was faulty. It wasn't to do with the bluetooth. Luckily it was under warranty and roli replaced it.

Login to post a comment