Start a new topic
Answered

How to achieve the following? (Too long to titled)

Hi, this is what I would like to achieve and I dont know if this is even at all possible I have a piano and I have mastered (almost jaja) a quite difficult arrangement), I would like, at certains points during the performance on the piano (at the very least in one very specific point), adding a backing track already loaded as a MIDI in garageband or similar (please advice if garageband is not the right interface for this and suggest an alternative which would support wireless connectivity) So basically to make a long history short, the idea would be that at the desired point during the piano performance, I will touch a pad in the lightpack M block which in turn will trigger the MIDI (or audio) backing track or clip which will sound throughout my piano speakers (the piano have also wirlewes MIDI and audio connectivity BUT i will like the lightpad block to display different colours according to the music that is triggering The lightpad block is situated and visible in top of the piano WHY would I will wsnt to complicste myself so much if at all possible... Basically I want the "video viewer" to actually notice that my touch/action on the lightpad is what it hqs triggeres the acompanigment to the piano performance, THIS WAY, this action will be so noticeable and ovbious thqt no one could complaing about me having cheated and tryng to full the viewers but that in fact is all prepared/done in purpuse And I making myself clearly understoo? Is this at all possible in the first place? Thanks so much in advance :)

Best Answer

Hi Jesus, 

This sounds like a really interesting idea!  

If you'd like to trigger a loop or backing track with the Lightpad M, then we'd recommend Ableton Live or MainStage by Apple. Thanks to the built-in Ableton Live Control app in ROLI Dashboard, you can play, record and navigate clips easily! Check out this article which explains how this works.  

MainStage is built for live performance and its Playback plug-in will allow you to trigger backing tracks, song stems, and other audio files alongside other instruments.

With regards to having the Lightpad M display different colours and beyond, that's a little more complicated. However, almost anything's possible with the Lightpad M if you have the coding know-how! We have a custom programming language called Littlefoot - check out what other creators have managed to develop here: https://roli.com/stories/lightpad-block-littlefoot

All the best with this and let us know if we can help in any other way. 

Answer

Hi Jesus, 

This sounds like a really interesting idea!  

If you'd like to trigger a loop or backing track with the Lightpad M, then we'd recommend Ableton Live or MainStage by Apple. Thanks to the built-in Ableton Live Control app in ROLI Dashboard, you can play, record and navigate clips easily! Check out this article which explains how this works.  

MainStage is built for live performance and its Playback plug-in will allow you to trigger backing tracks, song stems, and other audio files alongside other instruments.

With regards to having the Lightpad M display different colours and beyond, that's a little more complicated. However, almost anything's possible with the Lightpad M if you have the coding know-how! We have a custom programming language called Littlefoot - check out what other creators have managed to develop here: https://roli.com/stories/lightpad-block-littlefoot

All the best with this and let us know if we can help in any other way. 

Thanks very much Jay. First to fully understanding me which I though would be hard just per se hahahaha I will have hoped not to have to get involved with Ableton and the like as all that serms quiet complex to me but I will check this articles as Im think after its normal learning curve perhaps AS YOU SAY, just launching a clip could be relatively easy and the same goes for Mainstage which I dont even know so far what it looks like or its difficulty Regarding displaying colours and so on, YES, I already though would be the hardest part but once again I will follow your suggestion and check littlefoot and will also check if there is something similar already been done I will keep you update and if finally I achieve what Im after, be sure I will post a link here as the whole thing could look quite nice and "different" Thanks once again :)
Login to post a comment