Start a new topic
Answered

Windows Ableton 10 suport

Simply put Do these all features work using windos and ableton?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3b04Aooks

Link to your video. Everyane using blocks seems to use macbook.

Best Answer

Hi there,

Yes, the functionality is the same using BLOCKS and Ableton Live on Windows.

The main difference when using a Mac, is the option of connecting BLOCKS wirelessly via MIDI-over-Bluetooth. This isn't possible on a PC, so we recommend connecting via USB. 

Answer

Hi there,

Yes, the functionality is the same using BLOCKS and Ableton Live on Windows.

The main difference when using a Mac, is the option of connecting BLOCKS wirelessly via MIDI-over-Bluetooth. This isn't possible on a PC, so we recommend connecting via USB. 

1 person likes this

Thanks for quick response :) .But I wonder how does the chord mode work. Lets say I want to play tri chords (with one button) in C Major, first lit button would be C major chord and the second would be D minor, third E minor ect...

So I could easily play chords that fit in the key.

Hi Herkko, 

While you can set up the Lightpad M to play a variety of different chords, each note would be the root of that chord. For example, let's say you selected a minor chord type and played chromatically;  you'd hear C minor, C# minor, D minor, D# minor etc.

What you're describing is a 'smart chord' feature and isn't possible to set up in ROLI Dashboard. We'd be happy to look into the possibility of adding this in a future update! 

Thanks for the answer solved my issue

Login to post a comment