Start a new topic
Answered

Tips for beginner!

Hello! My name's Raffaele, I'm a 23 years old developer based in Naples.
I'm a music lover since day 0 and I was thinking to buy some cool tools in order to start to produce music. The fact is that as a complete beginner into music production, I will happy to know if Roli offers some tutorials or theycan provide some tips for total beginners (in the best-buy products and suggested learning path to follow).
Thanks a lot!!!

Best Answer

Hi Raffaele and welcome!

If you're looking to learn how to produce music with ROLI instruments, then that's awesome. We can certainly help.

You could start with a Lightpad Block M and our free iOS app ROLI PLAY. The app will teach you how to shape sound through touch, by taking you through the simple gestures that we call 5D touch. Once you're confident with those, you can start making songs in genres like Electronic, Grime, Urban, Pop, Rock and Classical.

A natural step up from ROLI PLAY would be NOISE – also an iOS app, but a much more powerful one. NOISE allows you to create beats, melodies, and songs with a huge library of sounds. There are audio effects like reverb, distortion, delay, beat repeat and many more  — all guaranteed to add another layer of expression to your tracks when you play or perform. When you're done, you can share your music online and collaborate with other music-makers by using NOISE.fm.

As you progress, you could add more BLOCKS to your set up; the system grows with you! 

We have some videos on our Learning Hub and many articles in our Knowledge Base to check out. And our support team is always happy to help.  

All the best with it, Raffaele. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

1 person has this question

Thank you so much!

Answer

Hi Raffaele and welcome!

If you're looking to learn how to produce music with ROLI instruments, then that's awesome. We can certainly help.

You could start with a Lightpad Block M and our free iOS app ROLI PLAY. The app will teach you how to shape sound through touch, by taking you through the simple gestures that we call 5D touch. Once you're confident with those, you can start making songs in genres like Electronic, Grime, Urban, Pop, Rock and Classical.

A natural step up from ROLI PLAY would be NOISE – also an iOS app, but a much more powerful one. NOISE allows you to create beats, melodies, and songs with a huge library of sounds. There are audio effects like reverb, distortion, delay, beat repeat and many more  — all guaranteed to add another layer of expression to your tracks when you play or perform. When you're done, you can share your music online and collaborate with other music-makers by using NOISE.fm.

As you progress, you could add more BLOCKS to your set up; the system grows with you! 

We have some videos on our Learning Hub and many articles in our Knowledge Base to check out. And our support team is always happy to help.  

All the best with it, Raffaele. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

2 people like this
Login to post a comment