Start a new topic
Answered

Scales and root note in Lightpad Block M

TL;DR version: is there any way to change the root note of the scale when using the Lightpad Block M as a midi controller? It seems to be locked into C as the root note.

Because I am a terrible keyboard player, one of the things I really like about my Roli Lightpad Blocks with the Noise app is that I can quickly and easily select a root note and a scale per track. Call up the project for that track and off I go. Because this has really opened up how I can play expressively, I wanted to see if I could make the same things happen with the Lightpad Block M as an MPE controller for my Deckard's Dream.

So I have a Live Block connected to my Lightpad BLock M via DNA, and the USB-C out to the Deckard's Dream. I can set a scale in Dashboard or via the Live Block, but it always seems to be locked into C as the root note of the scale. Am I missing something? It seems like this should be possible since it's already present in the Noise App, but I can't find anything in the manual.

Best Answer

Hi Kevin, 

ROLI Dashboard on a computer will allow you to change the root note by using the Transpose function. The Lightpad M will remember the last setting when disconnected from your computer. 

I hope this helps! 

Jay

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Kevin, 

ROLI Dashboard on a computer will allow you to change the root note by using the Transpose function. The Lightpad M will remember the last setting when disconnected from your computer. 

I hope this helps! 

Jay

Login to post a comment