Start a new topic
Answered

Help a brother out

Hello, i am a fresh newb to the roli side. My current setup is a Seabord Block and a live Block. Also i have purchased the lightblock M and the loop block. And i'm trying to figure how to set them right. I see that the live block atached to my seabord won't work with Equator so i'll try to get a ios device to set them. I run my Equator in ableton atm via a MacBook Pro. 

What would you advise me to choose from those for the Noise app?
Any extra advices are more than welcomed.
Have a great one!

Best Answer

Hi Alex,

Welcome! Sounds like you've got a great collection of BLOCKS there, I'd be happy to help you get started.

NOISE would be great place to begin. Connecting the Live Block via DNA to either the Seaboard or Lightpad Block will enable you to sustain notes, play chords and arpeggiate notes. The Loop Block will help with overall production controls without having to waste time focussing on the screen. 

In terms of which soundpacks to choose, that really depends on the kind of music you'd like to create! There's everything from gritty hip hop and grime sounds (Wu-Tang The Saga Continues and Grimetronic) and electronica (Everything by Lido and Astro Electro) through to faithfully modelled string, brass and woodwind instruments (SWAM), steel string guitar, dulcimer and choirs (Hybrid Acoustic) and India's greatest instruments (Colours of India). 

Please check this article to see which iPad models are supported: https://support.roli.com/support/solutions/articles/36000019253-minimum-system-requirements-for-roli-instruments

If you connect the Seaboard Block, Lightpad M and Loop Block together - you'll be in Songmaker Kit mode. This is a great way to connect to Equator as the Lightpad M will automatically update, giving you 3 great tabs (pressing the Mode button on the left of the Block will switch between them). The first tab displays three faders that will automatically control Macros 1–3. The second tab displays the 5D sensitivity settings for the connected Seaboard Block and the third tab displays an XY pad with X-axis modulation that will automatically control Macros 4–5.

In general, our knowledge base is the best place to search for answers, as your searches will yield more relevant results than only Googling. 

Here are some articles which you may find helpful:

I hope these help, and please feel free to get in touch with our support team if you have any further questions!

Jay

iPad2 works fine with Noise and Garage Band?

Answer

Hi Alex,

Welcome! Sounds like you've got a great collection of BLOCKS there, I'd be happy to help you get started.

NOISE would be great place to begin. Connecting the Live Block via DNA to either the Seaboard or Lightpad Block will enable you to sustain notes, play chords and arpeggiate notes. The Loop Block will help with overall production controls without having to waste time focussing on the screen. 

In terms of which soundpacks to choose, that really depends on the kind of music you'd like to create! There's everything from gritty hip hop and grime sounds (Wu-Tang The Saga Continues and Grimetronic) and electronica (Everything by Lido and Astro Electro) through to faithfully modelled string, brass and woodwind instruments (SWAM), steel string guitar, dulcimer and choirs (Hybrid Acoustic) and India's greatest instruments (Colours of India). 

Please check this article to see which iPad models are supported: https://support.roli.com/support/solutions/articles/36000019253-minimum-system-requirements-for-roli-instruments

If you connect the Seaboard Block, Lightpad M and Loop Block together - you'll be in Songmaker Kit mode. This is a great way to connect to Equator as the Lightpad M will automatically update, giving you 3 great tabs (pressing the Mode button on the left of the Block will switch between them). The first tab displays three faders that will automatically control Macros 1–3. The second tab displays the 5D sensitivity settings for the connected Seaboard Block and the third tab displays an XY pad with X-axis modulation that will automatically control Macros 4–5.

In general, our knowledge base is the best place to search for answers, as your searches will yield more relevant results than only Googling. 

Here are some articles which you may find helpful:

I hope these help, and please feel free to get in touch with our support team if you have any further questions!

Jay

1 person likes this

Thank you, Jay!

Login to post a comment