Start a new topic
Answered

Loop Block Behaviors in Dashboard

Where can I find definitions and use cases for the different behaviors for the Loop Block in Dashboard?  I mainly need info on Gate and Pulse.

Best Answer

Hi Andrea, while we responded to you in a support ticket about this, I wanted to also share the response publicly:

Gate - Sends a value of 127 when pressed and 0 when released, and the colour of the button only changes when pressed.

Pulse - Same as above, except the colours, toggle each time the button is pressed. Ultimately the output CC number and value is the same for both options.

The only difference between the two behaviours is in the way the colour behaves on the Block - the messages sent are identical, regardless of whether you choose Pulse or Gate.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Andrea, while we responded to you in a support ticket about this, I wanted to also share the response publicly:

Gate - Sends a value of 127 when pressed and 0 when released, and the colour of the button only changes when pressed.

Pulse - Same as above, except the colours, toggle each time the button is pressed. Ultimately the output CC number and value is the same for both options.

The only difference between the two behaviours is in the way the colour behaves on the Block - the messages sent are identical, regardless of whether you choose Pulse or Gate.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment