Start a new topic

MIdi sync with external hardware

Hi Folks

I have a TC Helicon Voicelive 3, and am looking for a device that will allow me to play drumpads/loops and keys, and with sync/send midi tempo data to the Voicelive (which will only slave to an external device, no send message). The voicelive has either midi in or USB.

I want to avoid using a laptop - I need something compact & that will operate independently, ie not just a midi controller.

I like the Roli concept a lot, and using a phone or iPad is fine, but need to know if/how I could link the two.

Thanks for any advice,
:-)
Dan

Your opinion is very helpful for me. Thanks for sharing it.

Yes, I'm currently looking to do the same thing. I'm Bluetoothing-ing the Roli wirelessly into my iPhone 8 Plus. The iPhone is going into an iConnectivity Four Plus to a Lehle 3 at 1 to feed different instruments into the Voicelive 3. I'm coming from the MIDI out (5-pin) on the iConnectivity to the MIDI in (5-pin) of the Voicelive 3. I'm pretty sure I've got the channel selected correctly for the Roli and the proper MIDI selection for the Voicelive 3's port. To keep the Roli powered, I even have it hardwired to the iConnectivity with the Seaboard Block's provided cable, but I've tried syncing without, too, but no dice. I have the Songmaker Kit and would love for tempos to sync. Should I try USB MIDI? I'm so choose to having the rig I want. This is one of the last stumbling blocks. Please help! My rig would be practically perfect with MIDI sync.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Login to post a comment