Start a new topic
Answered

Using SWAM sounds with Garageband iOS

Hello There,

I am trying to use SWAM string sounds via Garageband in my iPad. Strangely, I dont see that pack in my Garageband sounds. I can play and record that pack on my Noise app, but it is missing from Garageband on my iPad. Also, other packs are available for me to play on my iPad garageband, just not the SWAM sounds.

Is this how its supposed to work (or not work)? Please help.

Thanks,

~neurons

Best Answer

Hi neurons,

Thanks for asking about this. The SWAM soundpacks currently require greater processing power than other NOISE soundpacks and aren't available yet in the AU plugin of NOISE for use in GarageBand and other DAWs. We hope to continue to improve the performance of these great sounds and make them more widely available in the future. Please see this article for full details: https://support.roli.com/support/solutions/articles/36000025169-noise-swam-soundpacks-not-playing

Red

Answer

Hi neurons,

Thanks for asking about this. The SWAM soundpacks currently require greater processing power than other NOISE soundpacks and aren't available yet in the AU plugin of NOISE for use in GarageBand and other DAWs. We hope to continue to improve the performance of these great sounds and make them more widely available in the future. Please see this article for full details: https://support.roli.com/support/solutions/articles/36000025169-noise-swam-soundpacks-not-playing

Red

Is this something new 2018 iPad Pros could handle, as they have new processors and are marketed as powerful competitors computers?

1 person likes this

Potentially so, Sam! They'll definitely be included in any testing...

i really want to be able to use SWAM soundpacks in Daw :(

i have ipad pro 12.9 ( 2018) i hope they can update noise to support that

I communicated with Audio Modeling/SWAM and got the impression that they only want to offer their sounds to work with the Roli products and not other controllers.  They are working on releasing products on ios but nothing has been released yet.  I am not buying the processing power line.  They have released what looks like a limited DAW on ios called Camelot but it did not look like much when I last checked.  My suspicion is that when they do release their sounds they will only work with Camelot.  Camelot is expensive for a ios DAW when you have Garage Band for free and Cubasis $29.  No lite version for trial like Cubasis $50 and still you need in app purchases for midi filters and Audiobus to get other apps to work within the DAW.  Talk about processing power needs.

Login to post a comment