Start a new topic
Answered

Cypher 2 blacklisted by Cubase 9.5 Pro

On install, it shows up on the blacklist (in red) in the Plugin Manager (Cubase now takes ~5 minutes to start, and startup is hanging on the VST2 plugin module).

When I tell Cubase to use it anyway, it seems to function fine, but the plugin UI takes minutes to display.

Also Cubase will not close (requires a computer restart to close it).

Best Answer

Hi Leif,

I understand that you've been in touch with our support team regarding this issue - they've previously responded to your original request, but if this has failed to reach you please try checking your spam folder in case it's been moved there.

The team will contact you again in case this information did not reach you successfully.

Answer

Hi Leif,

I understand that you've been in touch with our support team regarding this issue - they've previously responded to your original request, but if this has failed to reach you please try checking your spam folder in case it's been moved there.

The team will contact you again in case this information did not reach you successfully.

Answered and fixed!

Support team replied, replies went to junkmail, idiot (me) forget to check junkmail.

Finally checked junkmail and performed suggested steps...all is resolved.

You may remove this thread or mark it successfully answered.

For anyone experiencing similar behavior, you might find the instructions below particularly helpful.

Please try removing the following two files from their locations:

Cypher2.dll - C:\Program Files\FXpansion\Cypher2
Cypher2.vst - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2

Once this is complete, restart your machine. Once you've booted back up, please run the installer for v2.4.9.0 of Cypher2, and once this is complete, launching Cubase should allow Cypher2 to be scanned successfully as a VST plugin.

I hope this helps!

Login to post a comment