Start a new topic
Answered

Roli Lightpad as Button Controller with Mainstage

Hello,

I want to use the Roli Lightpad Block as 16 mute button to switch on / off my current mainstage patch instruments, e.g. piano, strings, bells, ... 

is this possible?

how flexible is the pad? is it possible to make a tap-tempo button and mix it with some mute buttons?

Regards 

j.

Best Answer

Great question, Joe! 

The Lightpad M can be configured in many different ways thanks to ROLI Dashboard's Apps. 

The Control Grid App gives you 16 pads that can be notes or CCs, with or without pressure. You can specify the MIDI note number and behaviour for each pad. For example, changing the 'Action' of each pad to Toggle would be particularly effective for muting in MainStage. 

There are over half a dozen Apps which are all editable; so the Lightpad M in conjunction with MainStage should give you a lot of flexibility. 

We have an article that describes ROLI Dashboard in more detail here.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here.

Jay

1 Comment

Answer

Great question, Joe! 

The Lightpad M can be configured in many different ways thanks to ROLI Dashboard's Apps. 

The Control Grid App gives you 16 pads that can be notes or CCs, with or without pressure. You can specify the MIDI note number and behaviour for each pad. For example, changing the 'Action' of each pad to Toggle would be particularly effective for muting in MainStage. 

There are over half a dozen Apps which are all editable; so the Lightpad M in conjunction with MainStage should give you a lot of flexibility. 

We have an article that describes ROLI Dashboard in more detail here.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here.

Jay

Login to post a comment