Start a new topic

SEABOARD & ABLETON ? Worth it??

I'm really excited about the buying 2 seabord blocks or a rise 49. I want to implement it to my band where I use a huge ableton project with 100 ish tracks (lot of songs in there!)
I'm worried weather with the complicated 18 track (16 midi + hosts..) setup it is doable at all for me, and if yes, could it be comfortable at all... The music is very improvisation and I cannot complicate more this ableton project bc.

Does anyone have any experience in such situations?

(win 10, live 9 might upgrade if needed, apc40 mkii, novation impulse + virtual midi to resolume running on same machine)

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Hey!

I'm using a Rise 25 with Ableton and an APC40 MKII. It's usually the setup that is a little bit tedious but when you're up and rolling it works great.

I've only had one "major" problem though. I haven't figured out a good way to start recording all the 16 midi tracks with the APC40. I've solved it by creating another audio track that I send the host audio to and just record that one.

It's probably not the best solution as you can't go in and edit the midi later on but it works!

Best regards

David

Login to post a comment