Start a new topic
Answered

why do you charge more for your products in Canada?

I notice your Soundblock ( and other...) Canadian prices are more that your US or UK prices using current exchange rates. - Seems not very fair. Can you fix that? 

Best Answer

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply and for clarifying this – I certainly understand wanting to ensure prices are as low as possible. While there are many variables that determine pricing in Canada – including customs charges, timelines to establish costs, fluctuating exchange rates, etc. – our Canadian distributors and retailers believe the pricing to be competitive, and while we'll continue to do everything we can to ensure prices are as low as possible, you may also feel free to order from ROLI.com. 

Best,

Red

Answer

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply and for clarifying this – I certainly understand wanting to ensure prices are as low as possible. While there are many variables that determine pricing in Canada – including customs charges, timelines to establish costs, fluctuating exchange rates, etc. – our Canadian distributors and retailers believe the pricing to be competitive, and while we'll continue to do everything we can to ensure prices are as low as possible, you may also feel free to order from ROLI.com. 

Best,

Red

Sorry I should have explained more that it is the exchange rate of the difference you should notice - that you are charging Canadian well over US to CA exchange rate or Uk to CA exchange rate for the same product.  Most companies (especially if the product is not made in the State but overseas - say Asia or Mexico )  are at or even beat the exchange rate. If for instance you bring up two large music stores - say Long and McQuade in Canada and say Guitar Center in the US and compare with the exchange rate the price of the same model  fender standard - you will see that the Canadian one is priced well below the US one counting the exchange rate ( I did just that and compared the ratio to the Roli 49 - so know that you are not in line with stand practice). While rates fluctuate - your extra cost ( given everything as equal) ends up being more than typical. And since all CA stores seem to have the same exact price for your products ( unusual in the competitive music store biz) Roli must have simply fixed the price high for Canadians. So I am pointing that out to you - your products are being overcharged in Canada when compared to other products ( exch rates ie fender, ... )  and suggest that would be something you should send up the chain so someone can research and make a decision about it in future - we Candian ( everyone does in any country notice these dependencies and might hesitate to buy your product as it seems unfair  - so fixing this might cause more sales ( again at the same margins as US / UK) so would be worth researching it. 

Hi there Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure I'm clear on what exactly you're referring to. On ROLI.com, prices for instruments ordered in Canada and the US are both in USD, so the prices are the same. If you could please clarify I'll be happy to advise you further.

Thanks,

Red

Login to post a comment