Start a new topic

"Faking" MPE pitch bend by mapping Glide to DAW or plugin parameters?

I am using Bitwig, which has native MPE support. However, I am interested to see if it's possible to work around plugins that don't have MPE support and get them to feel natural by mapping the various expressions to different parameters within the DAW.

In Bitwig, I can do this with Press, Slide, Release, and Velocity easily using the Expressions modulator.

However, I'd like to be able to use the pitch slide to apply a pitch shift - ideally one that feels as natural as with any MPE plugin, but if that's not possible, simply treating my pitch bend like a mod wheel that can process each note to apply vibrato. (For instance, in this case, I'm interested in using the TAL-Vocoder, but adding a little bit of natural vibrato to the output by using the Glide dimension).

Is there a way to do this? I've searched all around and can't seem to find anyone asking the same question, at least not in the same way.

1 Comment

Hello Friend! I was also wondering this and figured it out! 

So! when you use the Roli Dashboard App, while using MPE mode Enable, Piano Mode

Piano mode Slide Retrigger Notes! and this will automatically add slide to any midi your device sends :3 ?

yay! 

Login to post a comment