Start a new topic

How to set up seaboard expression pedal to control volume in equator

Hi, I want to use an expression pedal to control the volume of equator... I can assign a cc to the pedal, can setup a macro and assign it to the volume of the distortion section - but I don't find the way to control f. e. the master volume?

2 people have this question

Hi Sascha,

That's a good question. At the moment Equator's master volume (found in the Global tab under Preset Master > Level) isn't able to be modulated. This has been a feature request, and we're happy to look into making this an option in a future update. In the meantime, you might explore using the expression pedal's macro to modulate either the level dials in the Mixer tab, or the Levels of the various Oscillators and Samples.

Red

I found now two ways to find a solution for my expression-wish...
1. I was able to modulate all the levels in the mixer tab...

aaaand:

2. (easier) because most of the signals are routet after the mixer in the FX-Section...
Power on the Distorsion FX - put everything to zero - only the level red to 15 % - yellow to 100 %
Now I have a little volume when I switch to the sound - and can get 100% with the expression pedal!

THANK YOU for your Input!

I was just laying down some  tracks for a movie, and wanted to try out my new Equator. I found a good sound, and grabbed my trusty volume fader (always as CC 7), but nothing happened. I thought that was quite unusual, as in my world, the most normal thing is that vst instruments defaults to recieve CC 7 for changing volume. But ok, I thought, I guess I just have to assign CC 7 first. 

Then I realize, that there is no midi learn function. A bit baffled, I google how to assign CC to a knob in Equator. It turns out, that you don't "just" do that. But well-hidden on the flipside of Rise Controls (one has to click the icon in the top right corner to flip it), one can make a macro that is controlled by incoming CC.

So I make a new macro, select it and start looking for the master volume.  I find it not on the Mixer tab, but on the Global tab. Only to discover, that THE MASTER VOLUME CAN NOT BE CONTROLLED BY ANYTHING! 

In my twenty years of using VST instuments, this must rank as one of the absolute weirdest "non-features" of any VSTi. I think the term "flabbergasted" is descriptive of my fveeling here.

So, what are the work-arounds? The mixer has three Output volumes, (FX, Reverb, Dry), so one can assign a macro to all three. Doable, if not very convenient. And what if they have different levels to start with? Then it would be a no-go. I google some more, and find the above tip from Sacha about using the Distortion set to zero. Useful in some situations I guess. 

But really: Here I am, googling workarounds for controlling Equator volume via CC 7.....

To be honest I find, that this is a mindblowing oversight. CC 7 has controlled volume since day one, but now you want us all to google for usable workarounds? Because the Equator master volume is not controllable? 

I love my Seaboard and Equator, but please, please, please make it possible to control a master volume with CC 7. (And preferably make it possible for Equator to default to CC 7 for volume, so one does not have to set it up for every single program.)

  

Thank you. It would mean a lot to me if this was fixed.

6 people like this
Login to post a comment