Cypher2 released

We are pleased to announce Cypher2, the new premium software synthesizer from ROLI and FXpansion.

Cypher2 is designed for deep sonic exploration and expressive performances. It features a vast range of sound design tools and over 1300 sounds, including 500 MPE-optimized presets.

If you own ROLI hardware, you can take advantage of a discounted upgrade by heading to your My ROLI account – upgrades are $79 for the first month, and then $99 henceforth. Alternatively, if you previously purchased a DCAM Synth Squad or Strobe2 license from FXpansion, you can also upgrade for the same price.

To find out more, including new features, audio demos and FAQ, head to fxpansion.com/cypher2, and to discuss Cypher2 visit the Cypher2 forum.

For an overview tutorial and demonstrations of presets with the ROLI Songmaker Kit and Seaboard RISE, check out these videos:

1 person likes this

Hello, the fxpansion site does not seem to be available. I tried from several PCs/Macs with no success. could you please help ? thanks, Philippe

Hey Philippe, thanks for letting us know. It seems to be working fine here. Can you please share a screenshot of the URL and the message you're receiving?

working ok now, thanks ! 

Still getting an error trying to purchase Cypher 2. Tried on 3 browsers (all up to date) but no luck. How am I supposed to buy this!?

Thanks for describing this behavior.

If you don't yet have an FXpansion account and are attempting to receive the Cypher2 discount from My ROLI, please:

• First, create an FXpansion account at https://fxpansion.com/account/register/
  • Next, follow the link in your My ROLI page to access the discount
  • On the checkout page, log in with your FXpansion account details rather than creating a new account

This should allow you to successfully purchase Cypher2. Please let me know if you have any questions.

When is the fix for the memory issue when using within a DAW?  At the moment the Cyber2 is unusable within Ableton Live. 

Having problems installing on Win 10 locking up on "installing now page"

@warbugs: we expect to be able to release an update shortly – thanks very much for your patience in the meantime.

@john: please feel free to create a new topic in the Cypher2 forum here: https://support.roli.com/support/discussions/forums/36000212225. Alternatively our support team will be happy to help: https://support.roli.com/support/tickets/new

Hi

Can't create an account on fxpansion for Cypher2 purchase

It always says "Recaptcha at the bottom of the form failed - please try again"

And I can't see any captcha - tried with different browsers with win7 and win10 !
Aside that, that registering is silly ! why if you're already a Roli customer ?

Will try though if I have an answer /solution

Hi Guillaume,

Have you followed the instructions above? I'll post them again:

If you don't yet have an FXpansion account and are attempting to receive the Cypher2 discount from My ROLI, please:

• First, create an FXpansion account at https://fxpansion.com/account/register/
    • Next, follow the link in your My ROLI page to access the discount
    • On the checkout page, log in with your FXpansion account details rather than creating a new account

This should allow you to successfully purchase Cypher2. Please let me know if you have any questions.

We're working on streamlining the connection between ROLI and FXpansion, while at the moment ROLI and FXpansion stores and authorization systems are separate.

Finally, for @warbugs and others, as announced in this forum an update to Cypher2, 2.4.9.0 has been released, and this fixes the memory leak and other issues and adds several new features and improvements.

Red

Yep, thanks Red

I 've read too fast

But now purchased, nothing really exciting here 

For 60 euros it's ok, more.... no !

Hi Guillaume,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to complete the purchase, and I encourage you to spend some more time with Cypher2. I've found that it really rewards spending an extended amount of time to fully explore the presets and become familiar with the interface.

Red

Login to post a comment