Start a new topic
Answered

Want to purchase but.. system requirements

I’ve been using a Mac mini 2012 core 2 duo with upgraded ram (to 16gb) and an ssd with the latest version of high Sierra for a while now, producing music in Logic Pro X.. Wondering about purchasing the seaboard block (because it’s amazing) but am not sure if it will work with my machine. I use Kontakt instruments with no problem now all the time, as well as Arturia synths and keys and have had no problems.. Can anyone confirm that this will work or not with my machine? I really don’t wanna order one in Canada because of the wait and would love to use it on upcoming tv productions, but can’t seem to find a way to email Roli. Sorry I’m a noob on forums but hopefully someone can help Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to say that your Mac mini isn't likely to be fast enough for Equator :( we suggest a minimum 2.5Ghz i5 processor, and if you wanted to start layering other instruments along side Equator (as opposed to using Equator as a standalone application) then you'd want to consider something a bit faster again. The 16GB of RAM is heroic for a 2012 Mac, and is great for big library instruments, but the a fast processor is what Equator really needs.

You can see the minimum system requirements here for more detail. 

If you want to send us a message, you're in the right place! On this very page you're looking at you should see two options to contact us 'new support ticket' above, and a message box at the bottom right. I've attached an image to show you. We look forward to hearing from you!

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to say that your Mac mini isn't likely to be fast enough for Equator :( we suggest a minimum 2.5Ghz i5 processor, and if you wanted to start layering other instruments along side Equator (as opposed to using Equator as a standalone application) then you'd want to consider something a bit faster again. The 16GB of RAM is heroic for a 2012 Mac, and is great for big library instruments, but the a fast processor is what Equator really needs.

You can see the minimum system requirements here for more detail. 

If you want to send us a message, you're in the right place! On this very page you're looking at you should see two options to contact us 'new support ticket' above, and a message box at the bottom right. I've attached an image to show you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Login to post a comment