Start a new topic

Change the installation path

Have I missed something?  Is it not possible to choose the installation path?

Or even better, move it from my C drive to my D drive?

I have an SSD for fast booting on drive C and I didn't get a chance to pick where it installed.

This has caused additional issues for me because I keep all of my VST's on my D drive - Ableton won't allow me to assign 2 places for vst's, So I can't use it so far.

If I'm mistaken, then if anyone can help, it would be great - I'm new to the software, just 2 days of use.

Thanks for your time.

40 people like this idea

~amit, thanks for that info. i may get around to trying that some day, but because of this ridiculous issue i never started using Equator and it doesn't have any place in my workflow. 

1 person likes this

I don't use Mac. But the real point here was that it should be possible to INSTALL the library to a user selectable folder.  It can easily happen that people don't have enough disk space on the default installation drive. Or some people like to keep all their libraries as subfolders of some folder. Much easier to find stuff later and check what kind of libraries you have.

2 people like this

You can easily movie your libraries to whatever drive you want.

This is the the first thing I do with any large library, moving them to a dedicated external SSD.  

On Mac,

you can move the ROLI folder  : from /Users/Shared to your destination drive  say (/Volumes/EXT/) and make a synlinik to it.  Here's how from scratch :

1. Launch Terminal
  2. cd /Users/Shared
  3. mv ./ROLI /Volumes/EXT/
  4. ln -s /Volumes/EXT/ROLI ./ROLI

~amit

1 person likes this

Ray Kershaw: in my Windows7 computer the library is currently under
<my_documents>\ROLI\Equator

so in your computer maybe
C:\my_documents\ROLI\Equator

I cant even find my samples/libraries, any body know where it put's them?

just got a new pc, windows 10, so had to do a mega, re-install of all my stuff,

everything was going good, "toontrack, native ins, ample guitar, sound sets all where i want them.

Roli Equater was the last one,not going well, my DAW cant even find it!

Gonna uninstall and try again.

Seaboard rise 25, £700, waiste of money!

1 person likes this

One more vote for
 custom library locations

- selecting VST installation folder

These are  widely supported things in other VSTs.

1 person likes this

+1 for MAC 

Windows user also requesting the ability to move libraries. Equator is the only non-portable VST I have, would be really nice to be able to free up some precious disk space!

Why isn't this a feature?   Particularly on MacOS you have system limitations on where the VSTs need to be installed, it helps to offload the bulk of the sounds and samples to an external drive.  

Almost all computers and Operating Systems want you to separate your storage from operational drives now-a-days... The fact this isn't possible with Equator is confusing. 

1 person likes this

+1

1 person likes this

+1 This is honestly unacceptable in 2018 when allegedly "pro" laptops offer only soldered, limited capacity SSD.  A 5GB library may not seem like much to devs, but when your laptop serves multiple production purposes, sound libraries quickly add up.

Arturia, NI, Spectrasonics all allow me to keep most or all of my sample libraries on a large secondary drive fairly easily. 

For God's sake, even APPLE added the ability to relocate built-in Logic audio libraries in 10.4.2 :D

Just my plea!

3 people like this

would also love to see this happening!

I have most of my sound libraries on an external ssd (because no storage upgrade possible on mac) so I'd love to be able to move these 3GB of awesome equator sounds to my external too.

thanks for considering, guys!

1 person likes this

Please, guys, implement this function in your software. It is quite necessary for many, if not most of your userbase.

Thanks!

4 people like this

Symlink for "C:\Program Files\ROLI" folder is working fine for me. Quite a dirty workaround I'd say. 

I too don't understand why the customizable install path is a feature, because this is default for any application existing at least on Windows. Have your project managers never used more than 1 hard drive setup?

6 people like this

Yeah this really needs to be addressed.  A professional product should not force the user to read the sound files off of the same drive that is running their OS.  This is going to have a significant impact on performance and I would expect to have the option to install where I see fit on my system.

Going to try using a symlink.  I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I gotta say that I'm a bit disappointed and surprised that I have to take these matters into my own hands.

5 people like this
Login to post a comment