Start a new topic
Answered

Using Roli/equator within ALK2 by zen audio

Hi,

While I can get the midi controller and Equator to function within ALK2, I am unable to get any of the expression that of course makes this controller special. Can you help me please? 

I have connected the Seaboard Block as both midi and hard wired controller to no avail.

Thank you,

Mark

Best Answer

Good news! We spoke with the lovely people at Zen Audio, who have released an update today, which fixes the issue of pitchbend and other messages not reaching Equator.

Check for updates in ALK2 to get on version 2.1.4 or later to be sure that your ROLI instruments will play nicely with Equator on an instrument track.

Hi Mark,

According to Zen Audio's forum post here, MPE support was introduced back in March, but I'm having the same issue as you when I test it – it doesn't appear that CC, channel pressure or pitchbend data is reaching the plugin, so you get a note, but no expression. We'll contact Zen Audio and see if there's something they suggest to get this running since ALK2 looks like a ton of fun!

Dave

Answer

Good news! We spoke with the lovely people at Zen Audio, who have released an update today, which fixes the issue of pitchbend and other messages not reaching Equator.

Check for updates in ALK2 to get on version 2.1.4 or later to be sure that your ROLI instruments will play nicely with Equator on an instrument track.

Yes, I can confirm that they let me know about the update and it's all working well now. Really appreciate the quick responses of both these companies. Loving the innovations and enthusiasm! Thank you.  ~Z

Login to post a comment