Start a new topic
Answered

Tips for best getting the best playing surface

I got the Songmaker Kit about a month ago and really like it a lot.  But the two octaves were just not enough so I bought another Seaboard Block.

The new Seaboard is so silky smooth compared to the old one.  I was wondering if anyone had a good way to keep the playing surface more silky smooth without causing any damage.

Best Answer

Here at ROLI we use Dettol surface wipes! It's important that you use wipes that don't contain alcohol or harmful chemicals. You can see a guide specially on caring for your Seaboard here.

2 people have this question

Oh, Great Keepers of All Wet Wipe Knowledge … I beseech thee to hear my humble plea.

So … I tried the Seventh Generation wipes, but really wasn’t happy with them, as they shed tiny little particles of the wipe that left the key waves dustier than before!

After spending an inordinate amount of time standing in the aisle comparing packages of baby wipes (an activity I had hoped I would be spared for all time, given my vasectomy) I found one that seemed to fit the bill, and guess what –  it doesn’t shed. Super clean!

Still, I’d like to run the list of ingredients past the experts, to make sure everything is kosher. So to speak.

The wipes in question are: Huggies Simply Clean/Fragrance Free. They’re marked as being free of alcohol and parabens. Ingredients:

Water • Caprylyl Glycol • Sodium Benzoate • Coco-Betaine • Polysorbate 20 • Malic Acid • Sodium Citrate • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract • Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

I’m a little suspicious of the Malic Acid, as I suspect it might turn the Seaboard into Mr. Robot or Freddy Mercury. Other than that, is there anything in there I should be concerned about? Thanks!

1 person likes this

Hi Randy,  

You should have no issues using those wipes, I can't see any of the ingredients causing an issue. That said, we will not be held responsible if your Seaboard turns into Mr Robot, so do so at your own risk :D

Hope that helps!

1 person likes this

Consider the plastic pollution and fat-berg creation before using disposable wipes.

Why not use a cotton cloth dabbed in dettol?

As a new grandpa (no, I’m not THAT old), I have loads of baby wipes on hand. I’d assume if they are safe for my grandsons undercarriage, they’d be safe for my Seaboard.
Anybody can suggest a disinfectant to clean either Seaboard and Blocks? Buying used these days of pandemic just feels unsafe without proper disinfection.
Login to post a comment