Start a new topic
Answered

Tips for best getting the best playing surface

I got the Songmaker Kit about a month ago and really like it a lot.  But the two octaves were just not enough so I bought another Seaboard Block.

The new Seaboard is so silky smooth compared to the old one.  I was wondering if anyone had a good way to keep the playing surface more silky smooth without causing any damage.

Best Answer

Here at ROLI we use Dettol surface wipes! It's important that you use wipes that don't contain alcohol or harmful chemicals. You can see a guide specially on caring for your Seaboard here.

2 people have this question

As a new grandpa (no, I’m not THAT old), I have loads of baby wipes on hand. I’d assume if they are safe for my grandsons undercarriage, they’d be safe for my Seaboard.
Anybody can suggest a disinfectant to clean either Seaboard and Blocks? Buying used these days of pandemic just feels unsafe without proper disinfection.

Can you please confirm the Aloe Vera and Vitamin E in the Seventh Generation fragrance free wipes won't negatively affect the surface of the Seaboard? The Dettol wipes which don't have these ingredients are not readily available at a reasonable cost in the US. (It would be helpful to also add your response to the care and cleaning support page.)

Consider the plastic pollution and fat-berg creation before using disposable wipes.

Why not use a cotton cloth dabbed in dettol?

I just want to be sure... If I use Dettol or Seventh Heaven wipes on the Seaboard keyboard it will maintain the slipperiness? I know that the wipes will keep the surface clean and help prevent skin oils from getting into the surface, but I want to know for sure that the slipperiness will be maintained.

Please tell me if there is another or  better product to make the surface slippery. I just want to be able to slide around with as little surface resistance as possible.

Thank you

Login to post a comment