Start a new topic
Answered

Equator Updated .dll file

I installed the update but it did not update the dynamic link in my vst folder. How do I fix to run the updated version?>

Best Answer
I found the dll file here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Equator.dll You should also. Delete and reinstall

1 person has this question

is there a standard directory the dll can be found to copy in manually?

1 person likes this

same issue here. version is updated in standalone but equator's vst dll does not seem to be copied anywhere.  windows 8 & ableton.

1 person likes this

If you manually delete the existing .DLL file and then re-install Equator, does this work? If not, are you receive any sort of error message?

No sir. I’ve tried multiple times, it will not create the .dll file, and the installer is not letting me choose a specific directory or location for me to install. I am an Ableton user so it would help for me to be able to install into my vstfolder
And there is no error message shown

same fix works for 1.12. seems like you'd want people to actually use the new version after you spent so much time updating it..

A few few details will help me understand this:

• If you open Equator as a standalone, what version number is shown?
  • In what folder are you looking for the plugin? Have you removed the previous version from this location?
  • Are you downloading and installing the version of Equator with the bit depth (32- or 64-bit) of your operating system?

same problem here but work fine with reinstall 

would be indeed  perfect if we choose the destination 

but hey it's work so perfect 

I just got my Seaboard49, and installed Equator, been knocking my head against this very same issue for the last 2 hours. I had no idea what the vst plugin was called as I literally opened my Seaboard box a few hours ago. First I made some Kontakt instruments with my seabard, next I wanted to try Equator, and no vst dll to be found. I searched equator.dll, but didnt find anything, and I found in this location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2 the plugin called "Equator x64.dll".

Comeon Roli, you guys gotta make an option within the installer to choose the VST plugin directory. This is 2019 ! not 2009.!

Not every DAW have multiple vst folder to read VST's from like Ableton !

Hi Svein,

Just to note, while Ableton does not allow multiple custom VST folders, if you place shortcuts to other VST locations within your designated Ableton VST folder, Ableton can access plugins through these, so you don't need to have all of your VSTs stored within the Ableton folder. 

This page details the install locations for the Equator plugins, but I appreciate that this could be clearer, and it could be helpful for the installer to allow custom install locations, and will pass this suggestion to the team. 

Hi,

I have the same issue. I installed Equator. I can run him standalone, it works with seabord rise 49. But i cannot  find the equator.dll to make it work as a plugin inside Ableton Live. I looked for the usual places where Roli says they put the file but it is still missing. What should I do?

My actual Equator standalone version is 1.11.2

Thanks for your help!!!

I found it- it was in a program folder- go to the original install instructions for equator and it will tell you exactly where the file is. That’s what I did

Hi Clark, I allready tried that but no trace of this dll file on my computer... I'm a bit lost and really annoyed... Nobody from Roli answers my questions... and it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this issue... I already tried to reinstall the whole equator... still nothing...

Same issue than Chris 2 messages on top... Equator installed, reinstalled, no dll nor in the places mentioned by Roli or anywhere else... standalone version works with my seaboard 49 but no VST.  Setup: Windows 10 + Ableton live 9 suite + equator 1.11.2...  is there someone at Roli who can answer our questions please? 

Thanks a lot

Login to post a comment