Start a new topic
Answered

Equator Updated .dll file

I installed the update but it did not update the dynamic link in my vst folder. How do I fix to run the updated version?>

Best Answer
I found the dll file here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Equator.dll You should also. Delete and reinstall

1 person has this question

I hope I hope that helps. After you reinstall, move that dll file to your vst folder

Well after reinstalling it for the 3rd time it finally appeared at  C: program > Program file > Common files> Steinberg > VST 2. Thanks a lot Red and Clark for your help!  

I found this very helpful...apparently the installer doesn't let you choose the destination path, nor does it tell you where the file is being sent!

Very frustrating!

same fix works for 1.12. seems like you'd want people to actually use the new version after you spent so much time updating it..

same problem here but work fine with reinstall 

would be indeed  perfect if we choose the destination 

but hey it's work so perfect 

I just got my Seaboard49, and installed Equator, been knocking my head against this very same issue for the last 2 hours. I had no idea what the vst plugin was called as I literally opened my Seaboard box a few hours ago. First I made some Kontakt instruments with my seabard, next I wanted to try Equator, and no vst dll to be found. I searched equator.dll, but didnt find anything, and I found in this location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2 the plugin called "Equator x64.dll".

Comeon Roli, you guys gotta make an option within the installer to choose the VST plugin directory. This is 2019 ! not 2009.!

Not every DAW have multiple vst folder to read VST's from like Ableton !

Hi Svein,

Just to note, while Ableton does not allow multiple custom VST folders, if you place shortcuts to other VST locations within your designated Ableton VST folder, Ableton can access plugins through these, so you don't need to have all of your VSTs stored within the Ableton folder. 

This page details the install locations for the Equator plugins, but I appreciate that this could be clearer, and it could be helpful for the installer to allow custom install locations, and will pass this suggestion to the team. 

Login to post a comment