Start a new topic
Answered

Windows 10 Bluetooth

Hi,

I just wanted to pass along my experience using the CME widi bud for connecting my Seaboard block to my Asus Win 10 notebook which is running the Equator Player and Strobe2 as VSTs in Cantabile2.

It does work and I am pleased. HOWEVER..... it will choke if you play more than 3 notes keyed at the same time. This causes hanging notes. An "all Off notes midi command will clear them. Also, in most cases playing the key again will clear the hung note. 

Normally this would be a no brainer deal breaker for me.

However the Seaboard block is SOOOO.... expressive that I may live with it,

In my particular case I need the wireless connectivity.

I have other wireless widi products (not bluetooth) which I have used for years.

I originally found info about the widi bud with Roli in a KVR audio forum.

If anyone knows of a better solution short of converting my setup to Apple please contact me.

Best Answer

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for sharing your findings. Because of similar bandwidth issues BLOCKS and Seaboards aren't officially supported via MIDI-over-Bluetooth on Windows, and so we recommend connecting via USB.

Another creator has also had some success using a workaround to connect via MIDI-over-Bluetooth on Windows; see this video.

Red

I am glad to read it.

Any news on WIndows 10 Bluetooth support?  Over on your JUCE site, there's a link to an ADC Panel from November of last year where the Microsoft representative mentioned 'MIDI over Bluetooth issues should be fixed in build 1805..."

Hi Tom, 

While Microsoft have improved MIDI over Bluetooth support on Windows, the API still doesn't allow multiple simultaneous BLE connections to a single device. This is a necessary requirement of ROLI software and hardware, so unfortunately at this time we are still unable to implement support for MIDI over Bluetooth on Windows. We are keeping a close eye on developments to the API and hope to improve this support in the future.

Is it possible to connect 3 wireless headphones or speaker and every application will have the specific speaker, like on the browser its the default, on the game application its on a Bluetooth speaker and the music application is on the headphone thanks.

Fakeidlist

Login to post a comment