Thanks so much for this. This is going to save me a lot of mousing around until ableton adds mpe support.
Currently the zip file unzips to MPE_Util-master. I wasn't sure there were any coding for the original name, so I renamed the folder MPE_Util, just in case.
It took me a while to sort everything out. The first mistake I made was assuming that I should set my Seaboard Block as input and output in the upper section of the MIDI Preferences popup. Your video clarified this eventually, but it flew by pretty quick the first time I watched it.
Of course I had to try grouping the Ghost Midi input track with the 16 midi tracks. I see now why I should not do that.
This works well with my Seaboard Block. There is a Songmaker Kit mode that allows the Lightpad block to emulate the 3 sliders and the XY pad of a Seaboard Rise. This worked correctly with your script.
Thanks again! Very nice indeed!
Thanks for the feedback and the kind words!
I added a zip "MPE_Util" to the release, no need to rename the script folder anymore :)
I updated the script a bit too, now the number of MPE channel tracks to be created can be defined with a number added after the postfix, e.g. "-creatempe8".