New Equator sounds for RISE/GRAND/Equator Full creators

Good news: the Colours of India soundpack by AR Rahman's KMMC includes several sounds made with Equator, and these sounds are now available for creators with the full version of Equator. You may download them on your My ROLI page (https://my.roli.com). The sounds are:

• Bansuri Flute
  • Jaltarang
  • Nadaswaram
  • Veena

(Note: the drum kits included in the NOISE soundpack are not available for Equator, as they do not use the Equator sound engine.)

Additionally, all creators with the full version of Equator now have access to the BLOCKS Extended Library, also accessible from My ROLI. 

Enjoy!

3 people like this

Once you've downloaded and installed these sounds, you may find them in Equator's Preset Browser by setting "Location" to "Local," "Instrument" to "All," and ensuring that no other tags are selected. You may then use the search bar to search for these presets:

1 person likes this

Hi, with the Equator (full version) do I get all the sounds in the Colours of India Soundpack found in the Noise app purchase, or am I limited to the 4 instruments mentioned above (Bansuri Flute, Jaltarang, Nadaswaram, Veena)? 

If it is only the 4 mentioned above, how do I get the full Colours of India soundpack on my Equator?

Thank you

Hi Guillermo,

Good question – the percussion sounds in the "Colours of India" NOISE soundpack use a different sound engine than Equator, so the percussion sounds are not available in Equator. Bansuri Flute, Jaltarang, Nadaswaram, and Veena are the sounds available in Equator.

Red

Thanks for the new sounds.  Always wish for more so please continue to support us in Equator here and there. Appreciate it!

This came up in another thread: if you'd like to add the Colours of India presets to a playlist, simply follow these steps:

Has anyone else found that the new four sounds seem very quiet  compared to others?

Is there something that needs tweeking in the equator?

1 person likes this

Hey Ian, what instrument are you using to play these sounds? They've been optimized for the Seaboard RISE and BLOCKS, and so they may be quieter when played with a GRAND.

ah! ... ok .. thanks!

Yes ... its a Grand

Friendly greetings Red!

Thanks for sharing this good news and such easy-to-follow animated GIFs. Great visual communication. These sounds are a treat and quite expressive! I remember seeing AR Rahman perform on the Continuum some time ago, a path which eventually led me to the Seaboard.

I am curious though, other RISE soundpacks can come installed in their own playlists, so why aren't these pre-packaged as well?

I can't seem to find a playlist menu in Equator Windows version 1.1.1.2. Where can I find playlists?

Hi Tom,

You'll need to be in Equator's Full view to access the Playlists section. First make sure that you've authorized Equator Full or the Equator Full upgrade in My ROLI. You may need to log out of Equator via Equator's menu and then log back in for this authorization to take effect. Then click the "Full" button, access the Preset Browser, and finally click the "Playlists" icon in the upper right to toggle the Playlists display. (Note in this example that I've created a "Colours of India" playlist.)

Red

I've installed and repaired and I still don't have the sound Jaltarang. Running Equator 1.11.2  on Windows 7. The other 3 sounds are there and sound fine

Do you see the preset file in this location? 

• C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ROLI\Equator\Downloaded Library

If so, are all filters in Equator off? If you continue having trouble finding it in Equator can you share a screenshot of Equator's Preset Browser as you're attempting to find it?

I seem to have the samples but not the presets. I was sent RISE 1.1.7.sysx but  am unsure what to do with it.

Login to post a comment