Start a new topic

Block Dashboard For IOS!

I use iOS apps almost exclusively at this point with my Seaboard Blocks and Lightpad Blocks.  A Dashboard for iOS would really help.

54 people like this idea

HI ! any news about dashboard for iOS ???(specially for seaboard rise) . I would really want to know if this is just a wish or some day it could become true!!!?

2 people like this
Huge props to Christophe Tornieri for his iOS dashboard app. Works exactly as I hoped! Having to chose between running the seaboard in mpe or non mpe mode prior to using it with iOS had been a massive party stopper for me: the majority of the iOS synths I love don’t play nice with mpe (and few of them support the seaboard’s normal pitch bend range). So using it with iOS had always meant giving up on mpe, or giving up on the majority of my iOS synths. iOS dashboard is the perfect cure!

1 person likes this

I´ll second on what Aaron Lewis said: Trouble is, that also Noise-App as AU overrides all the changes of BlockDashboard - which makes it quite less usable! So: Roli would you please change that and allow Changes by BlockDashboard or implement that functionality within your App-Universe!

1 person likes this

Yes, come on Roli - one way or another, give us a solution that can work when just using an iPad without needing to hook up a laptop or desktop computer.

1 person likes this

+1 for a proper dashboard for IOS. It is something that is long overdue - come on Roli!

1 person likes this

Instead of reconfiguring the Blocks devices you could insert a MIDI processor into the MIDI signal chain on the IOS device. Midiflow and Streambyter are both great. The former is graphically based while Streambyter uses text config files. 

1 person likes this

Dashboard for iOS is needed. Being able to adapt the Seaboard Block and blocks to instruments on iOS would make it such a better controller. The whole idea of a portable mobile keyboard is the freedom to create. Not having Dashboard available on iOS doesn't fit the "creator" philosophy of Roli. Please let us know if there are plans to make dashboard available on iOS, and when. Thanks

1 person likes this

Adding another vote for this feature.  I keep landing on the fence regarding sending my Block M back... I have so much fun playing it, I just want to stop having to fight with the software to do it... 

The block has this nice light interface, why can't we change settings on it directly? This just needs some thought on how the UI would work. Since we clearly write parameters to it from the desktop app, there's certainly something to change.  Something like that would COMPLETELY change this device for me as my biggest struggle is inconsistent settings management across platforms.

1 person likes this
Ios dashboard is a must!!!! don't know why RolI hasn't already thought of that!!!!

1 person likes this
Yep, it could start out really small, by just allowing to switch Seaboards and Lightpads between full MPE and Single Channel mode plus buttons to switch off Glide (so we can use an alternative to send pitch bend, without having interfering messages from the Block) and slide (to avoid that synths which understand CC74 as filter cutoff frequency by default get constant conflicting messages). That would already go a very long way. Single channel mode is sprinkled with issues, btw. On PC I use a Lightpad app which fakes a pitch wheel and it’s very cool for non-MPE instruments, but even with glide tracking entirely switched off I still need to filter out pitch bend reset messages from the Seaboard Blocks which are being sent with every note-on. Same applies to slide. I have support tickets where they confirm these and other single-channel issues, dating back to February 2018:( As said, I can work around the issues on PC, but I can’t use that cool non-MPE setup at all on IOS, which is very sad, because I’d have the perfect travelling setup right there, if it only worked.

1 person likes this

Yes please really like to have the dashboard in IOS, Got the songmaker kit yesterday and love how it works on my Mac the integration with Logic is really nice but as soon as I go to an IOS device it just feels so limited the noise app is ok but it's limited. 

1 person likes this
I came across your iOS app and I thought it was a scam haha. Sorry. Visuals were very simple but it worked for me (iPad Pro 10.5 and Roli Lightning Block). Now I can play Roli using Garageband. Thank you so much! May I know how to map the keys manually if that is possible? TIA. God bless

1 person likes this

I agree completely with the above.  I use midi filtering on my iCM4+ interface to filter out the CC74 message and am a bit dissappointed it's such a hassle to switch from MPE to regular midi. I really like my Seaboard Block keyboard and would happily invest in a MkII if it had these features added.

1 person likes this

Hi, I needed using Lightpad on iOS but difficult with Roli own software, so I bought Christophe's Blocks Dashboard.

I cannot find any manual or tutorial about it.

Can anyone point me to the basic concepts about using with MPE Apps (e.g. like Volt Synth or similar).

Thanks so much 

1 person likes this
I would love to be able to map the light pad in other apps. I bought the thing for use as a drum pad and while it’s great with noise, I thought i would be able to use it with many more drumming apps. I haven’t figured it out if there is a way.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment