Start a new topic

New Presets on Equator?

OK, I understand there are some issues preventing Noise soundpacks being avaliable on Equator, but... What about actual NEW, exclusive Equator presets? I mean, this is what it says on the Equator official product page:

"Equator includes hundreds of sounds, and more are coming all the time."

It's been like a year or so since you put new sounds there. Your definition of "all the time" really perplexes me... XD

6 people like this idea

Hi @Red would you mind posting a list of presets specific to the Colours of India library? It would be awesome if we could one day filter and view these additional library contents under the "playlist" dropdown.

Also, do users have the ability to sample our own instruments and bring them into equator, or is that something that requires a developer? 

The Colours of India presets available in Equator are:

• Bansuri Flute
  • Jaltarang
  • Nadaswaram
  • Veena
The NOISE soundpack's percussion sounds use a different sound engine, and so the percussion instruments aren't available as Equator presets. 

That is a good idea to have these in a playlist. If you'd like, you may create a new playlist yourself and add the presets yourself:

Regarding sample import, please see this feature request and ensuing discussion. In short, while it is technically possible, it currently requires a fair amount of technical know-how, and we don't offer support for it. We do want to make sample import more accessible in the future.

1 person likes this

That's awesome. It sounds like you guys are committed to making Equator a powerful piece of kit. I love the fact that you are relatively open about feature requests and your intentions for the program.. 

My dream would be if Equator became both a 'serum killer' AND 'kontakt killer' for synthesis and sampling with full MPE support, and end the software juggle for good. My dream is to have just one program that does it all -- a true one-stop sound-design shop. 

1 person likes this

That's my dream too, Cameron. The best possible thing that could happen would be a full merge between Equator and Noise and their respective sound engines and soundpacks/presets. Right now it just does not make any sense to have them separated.

Login to post a comment