Start a new topic

Sample support in Equator

I'd like to start using my seaboard and equator for sound design, but would require the ability to custom import my own samples.

44 people like this idea

Hi, you can simply record the sample from NI and then use it in equator.

Can u make the video public?

Oops! Ruben Dax demoed how it can be done and now that video disappeared?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5rlR3wfcSs

Patrick - Do you have samples such as wav or aiff? If so it is easy. I don't know what NI India is but if it is not individual samples for notes then you can't do it.

You can see this video ... I think will support you.

https://youtu.be/wtrcgi7wBy0

I'm looking for to get a sitar sample (from NI) into Equator but I guess, I'm not skilled enough doing it by myself. If anyone has got the interest to support me, I would appreciate. What's your price?

1 person likes this
I’m not really good in programming, but I’m looking for to get a sitar sample into equator. I got NI India where a sitar sample is. Is anyone able to support me? Your effort would be rewarded. Cheers, Patrick

1 person likes this

It is really frustrating over nearly a year now, last reply via Facebook was like "stay tuned for updates".

No content updates, no feature updates....Equator could do so much more, and feels like unfinished "try out 5D Dimension showroom software" for so long now. (...luckily dont need it anymore because of falcon...).
Also Equator was not cheap (for seaboard owners a bit cheaper...), but for this price i can get much better solutions concerning MPE.

Sample Import is such a obvious thing...cmon Roli :(

Thx Woody,

Got it working. It comes with that warning/error  triangle symbol and that's what threw me off when I was working on my own samples.

My reply never turned up here - maybe because I attached a file or it didn't like the tags. Anyway, my SFZ file is really basic:

<region> sample=G2.wav pitch_keycenter=43 lokey=0 hikey=43

<region> sample=G#2.wav key=44

<region> sample=A2.wav key=45

... the rest of the samples

<region> sample=E5.wav key=76

<region> sample=F5.wav pitch_keycenter=77 lokey=77 hikey=127

Everything in the same directory

3 people like this

Here is one (that I am actually using) attached. It is very simple, one sample per note apart from the top and bottom ones - basically:

<region> sample=G2.wav pitch_keycenter=43 lokey=0 hikey=43

<region> sample=G#2.wav key=44

<region> sample=A2.wav key=45

<region> sample=A#2.wav key=46

... all the rest of the notes

<region> sample=D#5.wav key=75

<region> sample=E5.wav key=76

<region> sample=F5.wav pitch_keycenter=77 lokey=77 hikey=127

All the wav files are in the same folder as the sfz,

sfz

1 person likes this

Strangely I cannot get it working in either windows or mac.

If anyone could share a small sample sfz file that they have working with equator, I could perhaps decipher whats going wrong.

Checked the Mac version last night where I am using several melatron SFZ imports and they still work fine. As said, the SFZ is quite fussy in the format but it does work.

Thanks,

I'll give it a try on windows VM then.

SFZ format is not a problem for me. I can write a script to convert note-names to numbers.

It still works , at least on WIndows 10. Can't test the Mac version.

Check whether the SFZ files you test use note numbers (f.e.: 37) or note names (f.e.: c#2) to assign samples to keys. Equator fails miserably when attempting to load SFZ with note names, in a way that sounds much like the issues you describe.

It can be very tedious to translate all note names into numbers when the SFZ is dealing with lots of assignments, but it's currently the only workaround.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment