Start a new topic

A Seaboard RISE61

I would love to see a larger RISE. A 61 or even 88 keywave RISE!

20 people like this idea

Huge mistake getting rid go the Grand..Roli dropped the ball getting rid of their flagship product....carrying a laptop around is just a pain and noise app is really a poor compromise-this means a seaboard rise can't really be used live for a regular touring band. (Not risking my laptop on stage)

We need equator on-board thats built into the rise.

I'm now searching for a second hand seaboard grand studio 37/61 if anyone has one to sell let me know...

1 person likes this

I don't use a laptop "on stage". I have an "embedded PC " (fanless, SSD) built in a trunk together with an audio interface and a DI box. No PC-Keyboard or Monitor attached when "on stage". Easy to carry around, rigid and reliable.

-Michael

I'll buy the next 61/73/88 keywaves version without even thinking...

1 person likes this

As a pianist, I would consider an 88key Seaboard.  That said, I do have a Yamaha Kx88 wooden weighted keybed with velocity and afterrtouch  which I can play with one hand, as I play a sax or guitar sample on a Roli Seaboard Rise with my right hand.  As I am a trained classical pianist I do not feel I need sequencers or arpeggiators to play live. But what I could use, is an octave pedal for the Seaboard Rise 25, as my other hand is playing another keyboard and the Rise 25 is not always enough keys when I am doing a phrased run..think of the possibilities a Roli octave switch (both up and down) pedal would be to trained musicians in live situations.

While a larger Seaboard than my 49 would be  great,  in my setup (of three keyboards, the lowest being a VPC 1) I in fact could do a an octave peal for the Seaboard by installing an appropriate Mid preprocessing script, which is rather easy to do in Reaper.

-Mihael

I've got it! Just stretch out spacing of half tones in the synth, so the SR49 covers the range of a 61 key instrument ;)

Login to post a comment