Sometimes, little details like internet connection or particular BLOCKS configurations might make it look like you can’t update your firmware.
Follow the instructions below to update your BLOCKS firmware. We want to make sure nothing gets between you and the latest update.
1. Charge your BLOCKS
Ensure your BLOCKS are fully charged (left LED of power button is ‘green’).
2. Close and restart NOISE
Double-press the home button on your iOS device, then swipe up to close the NOISE app completely. Next, re-open NOISE.
3. Restart your iOS Bluetooth
4. Connect one Block at a time by Bluetooth
Disconnect the USB from your Lightpad Block.
Tap ‘CONNECT BLOCKS’ from NOISE’s menu in the top-right and connect your first Block by Bluetooth.
Do not connect any other Blocks by Bluetooth or DNA.
5. Update the firmware of one Block
Tap ‘UPDATE FIRMWARE’ from NOISE’s menu. The app will check for available firmware updates and run through a short process which will take around a minute depending on your iOS device’s internet connection.
6. If the update is not at first successful, try again
If the update displays an error, just disconnect the Block from Bluetooth and go back to step 3. You may just need to retry a few times to ensure a successful download of the firmware to the Block.
7. Once the update is complete, perform a full reset of your Block
To restart the Lightpad Block, press and hold the Mode button, then press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds. You’ll see the lights flicker momentarily to indicate the reset has completed. To restart the Live or Loop Blocks, simply hold the Mode button to switch them off, and press again to switch on.
8. Update any other Blocks individually
If you have any other Blocks, go back to step 3 and repeat the process, connecting each of them individually to update the firmware for each one.
9. Disconnect all but the Lightpad Block from Bluetooth
- The Lightpad Block will act as the central hub for all other Blocks to communicate with your iOS device.
- Disconnect any other Blocks from Bluetooth, leaving just your Lightpad Block
- You can connect any other Blocks to the Lightpad Block by the magnetic DNA connectors.
If you follow these steps carefully you can be sure that the firmware will update and you can get back to making music! If you find that you are not able to update a Block after 4 or 5 attempts, please contact the support team here. We’re here to help!