BLOCKS Dashboard is an application that allows easy integration between BLOCKS and your DAWs and plug-ins. The Lightpad and Seaboard Blocks feature touch-responsive surfaces, and with BLOCKS Dashboard are even more versatile control surfaces that can be customized for any professional workflow.
BLOCKS Dashboard is available for all BLOCKS creators. Click here to see the minimum system requirements.
Step 1: Download BLOCKS Dashboard and update NOISE
Update NOISE on your mobile device. This will ensure that your Blocks remain compatible with NOISE after they have been updated for BLOCKS Dashboard.
To download BLOCKS Dashboard, you will need to login to your My ROLI account with your NOISE or My ROLI account details.
If you have a NOISE account, you will already have a My ROLI Account.
- Login in with your NOISE or My ROLI account’s email address and password
- Click the Download button next to “BLOCKS Dashboard”
Why don’t I have BLOCKS Dashboard on my My ROLI account?
If you own a Block and cannot see BLOCKS Dashboard on your My ROLI account, it could be because you haven’t registered your Block. You can register your Block in two ways:
Register in NOISE
- Connect your Block to NOISE via Bluetooth
- Once your Block is connected, click on the settings cog in the top corner and click on “Register Block”
Register on My ROLI
- Once you login to My ROLI, click on “Register a Product” → “Register a Block”
- Enter your Block’s Serial Number into the box and click on “Register”
- Repeat this process for each Block you own
Step 2: Installing BLOCKS Dashboard
- Open the installer from your downloads folder and run it (click here if you have any issues opening the installer)
- Open BLOCKS Dashboard from your applications folder
Step 3: Connect your Block and update the firmware
Your Block will require the latest firmware to be used with BLOCKS Dashboard. You can update to this firmware in BLOCKS Dashboard or in NOISE.
- Ensure that your NOISE app is updated to the latest version.
- Connect one Block to NOISE via Bluetooth. Do not connect multiple Blocks yet.
- Once you have connected the Block, go to the menu in the top-right corner and select ‘Update Firmware’.
- If your Block is below firmware version 0.1.12, you will need to update your Block twice. First to firmware 0.1.12 and then to the latest version.
- Once the firmware is updated, disconnect that Block and repeat steps 1 to 3 for each Block individually.
- Connect one Block to your computer via MIDI-over-Bluetooth. Do not connect multiple Blocks yet.
- BLOCKS Dashboard will advise you to update your Block’s firmware. This will make the BLOCK compatible with Dashboard.
- Once the firmware is updated, disconnect that Block and repeat steps 1 and 2 for each Block individually.
- Finally, it’s important to update your NOISE iOS app to the latest software version for compatibility with your newly updated BLOCKS.
BLOCKS Dashboard works with devices running Windows 10 and above. However, some Blocks running older firmware versions may need to have their firmware updated prior to using them with BLOCKS Dashboard on Windows. Creators who plan to use BLOCKS Dashboard with the Windows 10 operating system may need to update their Blocks via a MacOS device or a compatible iOS device prior to using it with their PC.
Once you have successfully updated your Block’s firmware, simply connect your Block via your USB 3 port to your Windows system and switch it on. BLOCKS Dashboard should recognize your Block.