BLOCKS Dashboard beta is an application that allows easy integration between BLOCKS and your DAWs and plug-ins. The Lightpad Block features a touch-responsive surface, and with BLOCKS Dashboard is an even more versatile control surface that can be customised for any professional workflow.
BLOCKS Dashboard beta is available for all BLOCKS creators. Click here to see the minimum system requirements.
Step 1: Download BLOCKS Dashboard beta and update NOISE
Update the NOISE app on your iOS device. This will ensure that your BLOCKS remain compatible with the NOISE app after they have been updated for BLOCKS Dashboard beta.
To download BLOCKS Dashboard beta, you will need to login to your My ROLI account with your NOISE or My ROLI account details.
If you have a NOISE account, you will already have a My ROLI Account.
- Login in with your NOISE or My ROLI account’s email address and password
- Click the Download button next to “BLOCKS Dashboard beta”
Why don’t I have BLOCKS Dashboard beta on my My ROLI account?
If you own a Block and cannot see BLOCKS Dashboard beta on your My ROLI account, it could be because you haven’t registered your Block. You can register your Block in two ways:
Register in NOISE
- Connect your Block to NOISE via Bluetooth (How?)
- Once your Block is connected, click on the settings cog in the top-corner and click on “Register Block”
Register on My ROLI
- Once you login to My ROLI, click on “Register a Product” → “Register a Block”
- Enter your Block’s Serial Number into the box and click on “Register”
- Repeat the process for each Block you own
Step 2: Installing BLOCKS Dashboard beta
- Open the installer from your downloads folder and run it (click here if you have any issues opening the installer)
- Open BLOCKS Dashboard from your applications folder
Step 3: Connect your Block and update the firmware
Your Block will require the latest firmware to be used with BLOCKS Dashboard beta. You can update to this firmware on BLOCKS Dashboard beta as well as NOISE.
- Ensure that your NOISE app is updated to the latest version.
- Connect one BLOCK to your NOISE app via Bluetooth. Do not connect multiple Blocks yet.
- Once you have connected the Block, go to the menu in the top-right corner and select ‘Update Firmware’.
- If your Block is below firmware version 0.1.12, you will need to update your Block twice. First to firmware 0.1.12 and then to the latest version.
- Once the firmware is updated, disconnect that Block and repeat steps 1 to 3 for each Block individually.
- Connect one BLOCK to your computer via MIDI-over-Bluetooth. Do not connect multiple Blocks yet.
- BLOCKS Dashboard will advise you to update your Block’s firmware. This will make the BLOCK compatible with Dashboard.
- Once the firmware is updated, disconnect that Block and repeat steps 1 and 2 for each Block individually.
- Finally, it’s important to update your NOISE iOS app to the latest software version for compatibility with your newly updated BLOCKS.
BLOCKS Dashboard beta works with devices running Windows 10 and above. However, the BLOCKS Dashboard does not currently support firmware updates via Windows due to technical limitations outside of our control. Creators who plan to use the BLOCKS Dashboard beta with the Windows 10 operating system will need to update their Blocks via a MacOS or NOISE (see above) device prior to using it with their PC.
Once you have successfully updated your Block’s firmware, simply connect your Block via your USB 3 port to your Windows system and switch it on. BLOCKS Dashboard should recognise your Block.